Brands have never been under more pressure to be good stewards of the environment. And it’s coming from all directions: Retailers, NGOs, investors, competitors, consumers and even their own employees.
However far along your brand is in answering the call of sustainability, one thing is clear: It’s your packaging — not a 17-page mission statement — that consumers will either put in their cart or leave on the shelf. Increasingly, these point-of-purchase decisions are being swayed by eco-friendly packaging.
Our team will work with yours to push your sustainable packaging initiative off the starting blocks — turning your questions into statements and your goals into action. And sustainability consultations are complimentary.
Our sustainable & eco-friendly label product portfolio
- Labels made with responsibly sourced materials — Choose a label material that comes from a renewable source.
- Recycle-friendly labels — We have materials designed to enhance the recyclability of your PET container at material recycling facilities (MRFs).
- Compostable labels — We have label materials that biodegrade in industrial composting facilities.
- Thin, lightweight labels — Lightweight label materials use less material and, because they weigh less, require less gas during shipping.
- Labels with post-consumer recycled (PCR) material content — Access a full portfolio of label materials made with recycled paper, plastic, grapes, cotton and other materials.
What type of sustainable label is best for your brand?
Sustainability, as it pertains to labels, encompasses any label that can be tied back to an unambiguous environmental benefit, such as improving recyclability, source reduction, compostability or reducing reliance on non-renewable resources.
“Sustainable labels” is, therefore, a broad category of label products with hundreds of material options for brands to choose from. And, no, there’s no silver-bullet sustainable label solution that will work for every brand.
First, we seek to understand what you’re trying to achieve:
- Designing a recycling-friendly label
- Downgauging your label to meet source reduction goals
- Reducing your product-to-package ratio
- Creating a biodegradable package
- Reporting how your suppliers are working to reduce their own carbon footprint
- Something else entirely?
Once you understand your goals, we’ll leverage our expertise, and extensive knowledge of the label material landscape, to align the right solutions to meet them.
Some brands have clearly documented, company-wide environmental, economic and social standards and pledges. All they want is for us to transform written goals into a reality, and we’re happy to oblige.
Other brands are, more or less, starting from scratch. If that’s the case, we’re well-equipped to draw the map for you — bringing a menu of solutions to your team to spark a discussion and start your brand on the right path.
We’ve consulted with brands that are fluent in all things sustainability, and those that are still picking up on the basics. No matter where you fall in that spectrum, we will work with you to breathe life into your sustainability vision.
If you’d like us to find the right eco-friendly label product for your brand, simply reach out to our team. We’ll set up a meeting to begin discussing what your brand needs to gain momentum in your sustainable packaging initiative.
Or, if you’d like to learn more about small, but impactful things your brand can do today to move toward more sustainable labels, read this article.
Coast to coast, Resource Label Group is committed to …
- Reducing total carbon emissions
- Expanding our sustainable product offerings
- Educating staff and customers on sustainable solutions, as well as their applications and benefits.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for customers to cost-effectively switch to more sustainable material alternatives.
- Reducing waste sent directly to landfills.