Sustainable printing practices
Sustainable practices support ecological, human, and economic health and vitality. Resources are finite and should be used conservatively and wisely to support long-term priorities and foster a healthy environment for everyone.
There’s a label on practically everything, making them a major source of potential waste, ocean pollution and other environmental hazards. But they don’t have to be.
The way we operate can have a favorable impact on sustainability.
Collaboration is key
Collaborating with our customers, small actions can combine to deliver meaningful results.
How we print, package and ship will impact our sustainable performance.
Protect the environment with progressive production methods. Partnering with Resource Label Group means taking part in sustainability initiatives underway across our network.
- Hybrid and HP presses waste less material
- Efficient press scheduling optimizes production
- Lean manufacturing increases labels per roll
- Utility Management System (UMS)
- Waste management initiatives
- Water/wastewater initiatives
- Ink reuse and reduction
- Internal recycling (pallets, paper)
- Matrix – waste to energy (selected sites)
- Air quality measures and control
- Energy conservation and efficiency
Packaging, shipping and product use initiatives
- Returnable packaging systems
- Elimination of unnecessary corrugated packaging
- Reduce freight emissions with increased label density per shipment and fewer trips
- Liner recycling
Innovation and information sharing
- Sustainability data management
- Customer sustainability reporting
- EDF Climate Corps Program 2019 and 2020
Sustainability also means producing quality products as responsible corporate citizens. We consult our employees and supply chain partners to create more efficient and environmentally friendly options for customers. Together, we work to decrease the impact of transportation, reduce waste and increase sustainable alternatives in our supply chain. As a socially responsible corporation, we have fair labor practices, maintain safe workplaces and give back to the communities in which we operate.
To support these sustainable efforts, we:
Transparency is key
In our effort to manage, measure and share our sustainability reports, we count on climate-focused and corporate social responsibility platforms to collect data and ensure we’re on the right path forward.
Leverage our label knowledge
How can we help?
At Resource Label Group we are here to help you find answers to your label and packaging challenges. With a network of locations and years of expertise we are up to the task! If you prefer, please call us at 1.888. 526.8177 or click below to chat with us (M-F 8 am – 5 pm Central).